Request a Speaker / Schedule a Presentation
Human Trafficking is not well understood and most are unaware of its pervasiveness in the United States. Education is critical to increase awareness and to work toward the elimination of this crime.
Imago Dei can help you find a speaker or schedule a presentation. Please contact us to provide a brief overview of your audience and area of focus:
Phone: Bill Miller (612) 730-4266 or Bill Schenher (408) 910-2731
The Trafficking in Persons Report, or the TIP Report, is an annual report issued by the U.S. State Department's Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons. It ranks governments based on their perceived efforts to acknowledge and combat human trafficking.
Polaris compiles Human Trafficking data and information from the National Human Trafficking hotline.
- Ted Talks
Movies and Documentaries (check streaming services)
- I am Jane Doe - A documentary chronicling the legal battle that several American mothers are waging on behalf of their middle-school daughters who were trafficked for commercial sex on Backpage.com, the classified advertising website formerly owned by the Village Voice.
- Slum Dog Millionaire - Set and filmed in India, Slumdog Millionaire tells the dark past of Jamal Malik, an 18-year-old Muslim contestant on the Indian version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Raised in a slum, Jamal's flashbacks to his past reveal a world of trafficked children forced into begging by their captors. In some cases, the children are mutilated or blinded in order to arouse public sympathy and bring more return to their traffickers and captors.
- Lost Girls - Determined to find her missing daughter, a desperate mother fights to uncover the truth, launching a personal investigation that leads police to the unsolved cases of murdered sex workers. Based on a true story.
- Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich - A four-part series examining how a wealthy and well-connected financier got away with crimes of sexual abuse and sex trafficking for decades. Survivors share their stories as the series traces a web of powerful people accused of enabling Epstein's illegal conduct.
- Wells of Hope - Talitha Kum presents the documentary “Wells of Hope," its first interfaith project highlighting the creation of an interfaith network fighting human trafficking in the Middle East. Talitha Kum is a "network of networks" in 70 countries, each promoting initiatives against human trafficking in their particular contexts and cultures.
- The True Cost - The price of clothing has been decreasing for decades, while the human and environmental costs have grown dramatically. The True Cost is a groundbreaking documentary film that pulls back the curtain on the untold story and asks us to consider, who really pays the price for our clothing?